All managers are requested to review the pledge. Please understand that any violation of the Manager's Pledge, as determined by
the BBA officers and commissioners, can result in suspension and/or dismissal from all coaching duties.
We, as coaches for the Bauerstown Baseball and Softball Association, pledge compliance with the following policies and principles:
- I agree that Proper Communication between Managers, Parents and Players is crucial to our success.
- I will attend all monthly meetings to assure proper communication is being carried out to Parents and Players. If I cannot attend, a coach will be present to represent our team.
- I will conduct the affairs of my assigned team in a manner that is consistent with the highest standards of sportsmanship and fair play.
- I will be fair with our players. Try to give equal playing time to all players so they may have a chance to learn and develop.
- I will have the fields ready to play at least 15 minutes before game time. If I cannot arrive in time I will assign a person from my team to do it for me.
- I will notify all umpires if a game is cancelled. Failing to do so will result in BBA paying for � of the umpire fees. Also I will notify my players, parents and opponent's Manager when a game is cancelled. I will reschedule with the league ASAP!
- I will keep my parents and fans under control. If I have a problem, I will report the problem to my respective commissioner. The commissioner will then report the incident to the officers for review. Corrective action will take place if necessary.
- As manager, I am responsible for my fields along with the team parents. I will make sure all bases are put away and gang boxes are locked. Check the bathrooms and pole barns also to make sure they are locked if I am the last manager there. I will keep the Gang Boxes neat and organized.
- I agree that my coaches and myself will not abuse, either verbally or physically, any player, parent or official in conducting our coaching duties.
- Through the help of BBA, I will be aware of and learn sports safety such as, how to prevent common injuries, how to recognize symptoms of potentially dangerous conditions, and how to respond in emergency situations.